Gates Belts & Applications - Tips and guidelines written by Gates Industrial Engineers

Hose Reinforcement

Thursday, June 4, 2015

posted by Brent at 12:09 PM

The three basic types of reinforcement are:
• Braided
• Spiraled
• Helical


Braided reinforcement can be wire, textile and have single or multiple layers.


Spiraled reinforcement on hydraulic hose is typically wire or textile and has four or six layers (plies). Spiral-reinforced hose can typically handle more severe applications with longer impulse service life.


Helical coil reinforcement keeps the hose from collapsing during suction (vacuum) and tight bending.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

RSS

Add to My Google Add to My Yahoo! Add to My MSN Add to My NewsGator Add to My AOL Get the raw XML feed

Current Contributors