Gates Belts & Applications - Tips and guidelines written by Gates Industrial Engineers

Safe Hose Selection: Delivery

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

posted by Brent at 12:45 PM

An effective way to remember hose selection criteria is to
remember the word STAMPED.
S T A M P E D

S = Size
T = Temperature
A = Application
M = Material to be Conveyed
P = Pressure
E = Ends or couplings
D = Delivery (volume)
D

Delivery – (Volume and Velocity)
Determined the hose I.D. needed to transport required fluid a volume by using a Nomographic Chart for finding the correct Hose Inside Diameter with known Flow Rate and Fluid Velocity in the Gates Hydraulic Catalog or Pressure Drop program found on the Gates Web site. 


How much fluid must go through the hose? This will determine the size of hose that must be used. Under-sizing a hose leads to increased pressure loss. Over-sizing the hose adds unnecessary cost, weight and bulk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

RSS

Add to My Google Add to My Yahoo! Add to My MSN Add to My NewsGator Add to My AOL Get the raw XML feed

Contributors