Gates Belts & Applications - Tips and guidelines written by Gates Industrial Engineers

Learn the Terminology - Fluid Power

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

posted by Brent at 1:06 PM


Compressibility:  The change in volume of a unit volume of a fluid when subjected to a unit change of pressure.

Contaminant:  Any material or substance that is unwanted or adversely affects the fluid power system or components or both.

Corrosion: The chemical change in the mechanical elements caused by the interaction of fluid or contaminants or both. More specifically related to chemical changes in  metals. The products of change may be introduced into the system as generated particulate contamination.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

RSS

Add to My Google Add to My Yahoo! Add to My MSN Add to My NewsGator Add to My AOL Get the raw XML feed

Current Contributors