In support of the FIRST mission, Gates Corporation is offering one merit-based scholarship, for $4,000 per year for four years, to high school seniors who have participated on a 2014 FIRST Robotics Competition Team. This scholarship may be utilized for an Engineering course of study at any United States college or university that holds accredited status.
- Three (3) finalists will be chosen from essay entries. Phone interview with the finalists will determine the ultimate scholarship winner.
- Essays must be received by Gates by end of day April 30, 2014.
- Finalists to be selected by May 31, 2014.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a senior in high school for the 2013-2014 school year
- Have participated on a team during the 2013 FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)
- Provide evidence that your 2014 FRC team used a Gates belt on its competition robot
- Provide proof of enrollment every year for renewal
Submission of Scholarship Application Package
Your complete 2014 Gates FIRST Scholarship application package must be submitted online, no later than April 30, 2014, 11:59 p.m. MST. Scholarship application packages submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application package includes:
- A completed Gates FIRST Scholarship Online Application
- A one page or shorter answer to the Gates 2014 Challenge Question, uploaded as a Word doc, PDF or image file. The 2014 Challenge Question will be posted on this website (www.gates.com/FIRST).
- A one page or shorter letter of recommendation from an adult mentor/coach on your FIRST team, confirming the use of a belt drive on the competition robot and your participation in the 2014 FRC season, uploaded as a Word doc, PDF or image file.
Questions? Email Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org