To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
· Be a senior in high school for the 2012-2013 school year
· Have participated on a team during the 2013 FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)
· Provide evidence that your 2013 FRC team used a belt on its competition robot
Submission of Scholarship Application Package
Your complete 2013 Gates FIRST Scholarship application package must be submitted online, no later than May 15, 2013, 11:59 p.m. MST. Scholarship application packages submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Download PDF application and requirements online at www.gates.com/FIRST.
Application package includes:
· A completed Gates FIRST Scholarship online application
· A one page or shorter answer to the Gates 2013 Challenge Question, uploaded as a Word doc, PDF or image file
· A one page or shorter letter of recommendation from an adult mentor/coach on your FIRST team, confirming the use of a belt drive on the competition robot and your participation in the 2013 FRC season, uploaded as a Word doc, PDF or image file
Gates 2013 FIRST Scholarship Challenge Questions
Part I: Describe the belt drive application on your robot. What advantages did it offer in solving the application challenge?
Part II: Gates belt drives can be found in everything from agricultural equipment, to zoom camera lenses, to now bicycles. Describe how Gates powers progress and impacts your everyday life.