Monday, February 18, 2013

Gates Poly Chain Belts Power Courtney Force to Win in 1st NHRA Event of Season

Courtney Force, driving the Traxxas Funny Car with the John Force Racing team, won the Funny Car class of the first NHRA competition of the year, the O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals held in Pomona, CA. Gates Corporation is a sponsor of John Force Racing. “It was definitely unbelievable,” Force said. “My team, [crew chiefs] Ron Douglas and Dan Hood, thanks to them, they had given me a great race car all weekend long. I just try to keep it straight down the center, and they really made my job easy. I really owe it to those guys. It was kind of bittersweet finishing here [at the Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals in November] and not getting that win, then coming back and picking up where we left off and finishing our job. We got the win, and I’m just proud of my team.” The Top Fuel and Funny Car classes use Poly Chain belts to drive the superchargers necessary to achieve the enormous horsepowers required to make the 1000' runs in 4 seconds or so. The Poly Chain belts used are specifically engineered for the extreme conditions of the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog